Our Risk Assessment Instructor course will provide a broad and comprehensive overview of best practice in risk assessment training techniques.
It covers a general overview of health and safety requirements, with a particular emphasis on the importance of risk assessment.Click Here for Dates and Prices
Who Should Attend?
The course is aimed at employees within an organisation who have been tasked with training other colleagues in risk assessment.
It is targeted at those new to training risk assessment courses, and is also ideal for those wishing to update their training skills.
- The business case for health and safety and the importance of health and safety in the workplace. Also including health and safety law, with a specific and detailed examination of the requirements in the Health and Safety at Work Act and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- The risk assessment process and its importance in health and safety with a focus on the Health and Safety Executive's approach outlined in Five Steps to Risk Assessment
- The concept of "reasonably foreseeable" and "reasonably practicable"
- Health and safety management systems including the Health and Safety Executive's HSG65 version
- Identifying and developing risk controls using risk control hierarchies (risk management)
In addition, we will explore modern trainer training techniques:
- Planning and preparing to train, including the writing of trainers plans
- Delivering effective training
- Different learning styles using the Honey and Mumford approach
- Dealing with difficult delegates
- Providing feedback and assessment
Each delegate on our Risk Assessment Instructor course will be issued with a workbook to assist them both during and after the course. This workbook will contain information, technical knowledge, graphics and forms to assist risk assessment trainers.
In addition, each delegate will be presented with a trainer's pack containing a PowerPoint presentation and training material (activities, exercises etc.) for use in their own sessions.
Our health and safety trainers are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals with an appropriate background in this topic and in delivering engaging health and safety training.
All consultants hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Our Risk Assessment Instructor course is delivered over two days.
At the conclusion of day two, delegates will be required to design and deliver a micro training session on risk assessment. This will enable them to practice their new skills and knowledge with expert feedback from our trainer before returning to the workplace.
Delegates will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion of the course.
This course is primarily delivered in-house at your premises. The course content can be tailored to your specific requirements, taking into account the specific dangers and working practices of your particular company and industry. It can also be combined with one or more other courses to create a truly bespoke training programme for your employees.
For more information please call 0115 984 9940 or send us an online contact form with a description of your training requirements by clicking the button below.Contact Us
There are no hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees. Our Risk Assessment Instructor open courses have the following included in the course cost:
Price: £199.00 + vat
Online Booking Price: £179.10 + vat
Book and pay online for a 10% immediate payment discount (£19.90) off the usual price of £199.00 + vat per person. All online payments are securely encrypted and processed through PayPal™ meaning we never see your card details. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment by card.