A permit to work system ensures that formal validation and authority is given when hazardous work is to be undertaken.
It ensures that all components of a safe system of work are established before high risk work commences, thereby controlling and reducing risk to individuals and the organisation.
The permit to work is also a means of communication and control between site managers, supervisors, contractors and those carrying out the hazardous work.
Who Is The Course Aimed At?
- Those responsible for implementing permit to work systems
- New employees selected by the organisation for issuing and signing off permits to work
- Existing personnel in the organisation who issue and sign off permits that require formal training
- The necessity for permits to work, including high risk activities such as working in confined spaces
- The typical contents of a permit to work
- The function and role of a permit to work within the overall risk control and risk management framework
- The procedure for issuing a permit to work
- The cessation and termination of a permit
- The responsibilities of the issuer and receiver of the permit
- Potential difficulties and solutions with the permit to work system
Each delegate on the Permit to Work course will be issued with a course workbook to assist them both during and after the course. This workbook will contain information, technical knowledge, graphics and forms to assist those working with permit to work systems.
Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in managing high risk activities through permit to work systems. All consultants hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
The Permit to Work course will be delivered over one day.
In addition, delegates will explore a number of case studies highlighting the importance of ensuring the permit to work systems are operating effectively, for example the Piper Alpha case study.
This health and safety training course can be tailored to include details of your company-specific permit to work system. Our health and safety consultants will require details of your system and sample forms for inclusion prior to the course.
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
The Permit to Work course content can be tailored to your specific requirements, taking into account the specific dangers and working practices of your particular company and industry. It can also be combined with one or more other courses to create a truly bespoke training programme for your employees.
For more information please call 0115 984 9940 or send us an online contact form with a description of your training requirements by clicking the button below.Contact Us