Our Health and Safety Instructor course covers a general overview of health and safety requirements that should be imparted into the workforce.
The course will provide a broad and comprehensive overview of best practice in health and safety training techniques.
Who Should Attend?
Our Health and Safety Instructor course is aimed at employees within an organisation who have been tasked with training other colleagues in health and safety (which could include delivering health and safety inductions).
It is targeted at those new to training health and safety, and could also be ideal for those wishing to update their skills.
- The business case for health and safety, including health and safety law and the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Common hazards and controls including fire safety, COSHH (chemicals and harmful substances), working at heights, display screen equipment (DSE), manual handling, slips & trips, and work equipment safety
- The risk assessment process and its importance in health and safety
- The importance of behaviour in health and safety - achieving the safe place and safe person approach
In addition, we will explore modern trainer training techniques:
- Planning and preparing to train, including the writing of trainers plans
- Delivering effective training
- Different learning styles using the Honey and Mumford approach
- Dealing with difficult delegates
- Providing feedback and assessment
Our tutors will work with delegates to ensure their courses are relevant, business focused and interesting to their own delegates.
Each delegate on the Health and Safety Instructor course will be issued with a workbook to assist them both during and after the course. This workbook will contain information, technical knowledge, graphics and forms to assist health and safety trainers.
In addition, each delegate will be presented with a trainer's pack containing a PowerPoint presentation and training material (activities, exercises etc.) for use in their own health and safety training sessions.
Our health and safety trainers are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in health and safety management.
All consultants hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
This course will be delivered over two days.
At the conclusion of day two, delegates will be required to design and deliver a micro health and safety training session. This will enable them to practice their new training skills and knowledge with expert feedback from our trainer before returning to the workplace.
Delegates will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion of the Health and Safety Instructor course.
This course is primarily delivered in-house at your premises. The course content can be tailored to your specific requirements, taking into account the specific dangers and working practices of your particular company and industry. It can also be combined with one or more other courses to create a truly bespoke training programme for your employees.
For more information please call 0115 984 9940 or send us an online contact form with a description of your training requirements by clicking the button below.Contact Us