A NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award will benefit organisations who are hoping to implement a health and safety management system. Health and safety at work training will ensure that your workforce, especially supervisory staff, can apply the principles of risk assessment and control common workplace hazards to help to reduce accidents in the workplace and achieving cost savings for the business.
The course is also designed as a foundation course to allow progression to the NEBOSH General Certificate.Click Here for Dates and Prices
Who is the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Qualification For?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award is an introductory qualification, and is aimed at those who are required to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job. Therefore, it is recommended managers, supervisors, team leaders, facility managers and people working with children take this course.
The Benefits of the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
Completing this qualification will allow you to:
- Develop an understanding of the principals of risk control
- Be aware of the health and safety legislation applicable to your role
- Assess workplace hazards
The syllabus of the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work is wide and covers the following:
- Foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and controls associated with the working environment
This NEBOSH award is assessed by a one hour multiple choice examination and a workplace based practical inspection project. The exam is conducted in our training centres at the end of your course, and the project is completed in your own workplace. The project should take no longer than 3 hours to complete and you will have 7 days from the end of the course to return it to us by post.
On successfully passing both the written and practical assessment you will receive a NEBOSH awarding certificate. Certificates are forwarded by NEBOSH approximately 16 weeks after the completion of the course.
Unfortunately the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course is not currently scheduled as an open course. If you have a need for this course please call us on 0115 984 9940 or contact us online as we may be able to schedule one for you, or run it in-house.