Benefits of a NEBOSH General Certificate Course Tutor
Course Tutors Play an Important Part in a Course
The role of the tutor in providing health and safety training is often underestimated, particularly during accredited courses like the IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate. Not only do they impart the information required by the syllabus, but their teaching style, experience and knowledge of the subject all plays a crucial role in achieving the objective of assisting attendees pass the course assessments and actually acquire the qualification.
Focusing Solely on Cost can be a Costly Mistake
Too often, the cost of health and safety training is the primary concern and the be all and end all of decision makers. They believe that all training will be the same, especially when offering the same product such as accredited courses with a syllabus that is set by the relevant awarding body. Surely one NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is no different to one provided by another health and safety training provider? In reality though, teaching styles, training facilities, tutor experience, provision of training materials, class sizes and other considerations all play a part in the likelihood of success. Opting for the cheapest training possible not only results in poor value for money more often than not, but may end up not getting you or your employees the accredited qualification at the end of it. Value for money should always be more of a consideration than price alone. Which is better, paying a smaller yet still substantial amount of money and not achieving the qualification through not passing the exams, or paying a bit more and actually passing the course?
The Presence of a Course Tutor is Important on a Sizeable NEBOSH General Certificate Course
The lack of a course tutor is one of the primary reasons for pass rates being lower amongst those undertaking a NEBOSH General Certificate via an online course or through distance learning as opposed to a classroom-based course. In the classroom, not only do individuals have other students in the room with them to learn from and understand the health and safety risks involved with their industries, but the constant presence of the course tutor enables questions to be asked and certain points clarified instantaneously. When ploughing through an online course or corresponding through distance learning, responses can be slow (if they come at all) and students may feel that their question is so minor that they do not need to bother getting in communication with someone at the provider to ask. This can lead to confusion and misunderstanding of important information, which can obviously have detrimental effects when it comes to answering the questions in the examinations.
Also, trying to learn all of the information contained in the syllabus of the NEBOSH General Certificate by reading it all on the computer screen or through distance learning correspondence will be exceptionally difficult (it does take ten full days of classroom training normally after all!). Whereas this knowledge is reinforced on a classroom course through exercises and group work, simply reading through ten days' worth of pages and pages of text by yourself will soon start to see concentration levels wavering and much information being missed, or rather, not retained in the memory for the exams. A large part of the course tutor's skill is in keeping delegates interested and engaged in the session so that they learn what is being taught.
Pass Rates Before Profits
It is for these reasons that at ATC Risk Management we do not offer such sizeable qualifications by distance learning or as online courses. Whilst we could happily take the money and let delegates struggle on trying to learn all the required information themselves, we prefer to put pass rates first and give our customers the best chance of passing the assessments and achieving the qualification. For more information on the reason why these comprehensive courses are not suitable for being taught by online or distance learning methods please click here.
NEBOSH General Certificate Pages
- Why are NEBOSH General Certificate Pass Rates Better by Not Linking to Standard Exam Sittings?
- NEBOSH General Certificate Courses Provide a Strong Health and Safety Foundation
- Sit NEBOSH General Certificate Exams as Soon After the Course as Possible
- The NEBOSH General Certificate Highlights Responsibilities
- In-House NEBOSH General Certificate Training
- NEBOSH General Certificate a Lot to Learn But Worth It
- NEBOSH General Certificate Health and Safety Courses
- What will NEBOSH General Certificate Training Give Me?
- The Danger of Spending Money on a NEBOSH General Certificate Online Course
- The NEBOSH General Certificate and Machinery Hazards
- Management Responsibilities for Health and Safety
- Organisation and Health and Safety
- How Does The NEBOSH General Certificate Help Managers Comply With Legislation?
- NEBOSH General Certificate and Safety Controls
- The Dangers of Overconfidence in a NEBOSH General Certificate Exam
- Routine Violations
- Management and Health & Safety
- Health and Safety Consultations
- NEBOSH General Certificate Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
- Organising Health and Safety on NEBOSH General Certificate Courses
- Obtaining Competent Health and Safety People
- NEBOSH General Certificate Planning
- NEBOSH General Certificate Before NEBOSH Diploma?
- The Safe Movement of People on NEBOSH General Certificate Courses
- NEBOSH General Certificate Work Equipment
- NEBOSH General Certificate and Manual Handling
- How NEBOSH General Certificate Courses and Manual Handling Training are Related
- The NEBOSH General Certificate and Conversion Courses
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Courses in Nottingham
- NEBOSH General or Environmental Certificate for Environmental Issues?
- Why is the NEBOSH General Certificate Such a Popular Course?
- Studying for the NEBOSH General Certificate Assessment
- NEBOSH General Certificate and Human Reasons for Accidents
- The NEBOSH General Certificate for Managers
- NEBOSH General Certificate or the Fire Certificate for Fire Training?
- COSHH Training or NEBOSH General Certificate?
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Construction Certificate?
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or NEBOSH General Certificate?
- No Environmental Conversion after a NEBOSH General Certificate Course?
- Why Does the NEBOSH General Certificate Syllabus Cover Electricity?
- NEBOSH General Certificate No Substitute for Electrical Training
- Why is a NEBOSH General Certificate Advisable Before a NEBOSH Diploma?
- NEBOSH General Certificate & Health and Safety NVQs
- Why is Working at Height Covered on a NEBOSH General Certificate Course?
- Asbestos and the NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Keeping Delegates Interested on NEBOSH General Certificate Courses
- Psychological Health Hazards and the NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Waste Management and the NEBOSH General Certificate
- How to Enrol on a NEBOSH General Certificate Course
- The NEBOSH General Certificate Helps You Identify Risky Behaviour
- Why is Self-Study Important on NEBOSH General Certificate Courses?
- The NEBOSH General Certificate and Moral Health and Safety Responsibilities
- The NEBOSH General Certificate for a Health and Safety Overview